január 21, 2008

A surprisingly 'Evil' party

First of all, this post is dedicated to Evil Editor, whose book 'Novel Deviations 3' is released on Thursday. Congratulations, Evil Editor!!!

There will be a blog party at Church Lady's site to celebrate the event on January 24.

I do not frequent Evil Editor's blog quite often... - but it never leaves me unimpressed.
I did some google-research to find out how this person might look like.
This is what I got. Based on the writings on the site, I think this photo fits quite well.


- - -
Speaking of jokes and fun, one of my favourite jokes goes out to Chris, wherever she is. *winks*

Two lumbermen are working in a forest.
Soon one of them finds out that his fellowman stabbed an axe into his back. Tortured with pain, the first man asks: Is this for real? Yes, comes the gloomy answer from the second man.
The first is relieved. For if it was a joke, it would not be funny at all.

10 megjegyzés:

Chris Eldin írta...

OMG! Hungarian Tree Humor!!
LOVE it!!!

Love your evil photo too! Yes, I can imagine a resemblance....

Beth írta...

I'm confused by the whole Evil Editor thing. I never have went to the blog, I don't know what's up, but I loved the lumberjack joke!

SzélsőFa írta...

Church Lady and Beth,

I'm glad you both liked the joke...there was a joke I wrote about some time ago, and not everyone got that one. (Remember the one with the rabbit and the bear's death list?)
As I wrote, I don't visit his/her blog very often, and I do not always understand everything that is going on there, but still - really interesting stuff.

The Quoibler írta...

Ha! I liked this joke, too. Isn't it funny how this one tickled us and the other left us a bit confused?

I still think about the other one periodically, trying to make it funny to my mind...!

:)

Angelique

Névtelen írta...

Hehe, it is like one of Komaja's jokes. They can be really exhausting sometimes.

Bernita írta...

Both photo and joke are good ones!

Névtelen írta...

That picture is great! :)

I also love the joke. I'm starting to see a common thread in certain Hungarian humor, perhaps.

SzélsőFa írta...

Angelique,

I have also found jokes that Americans find outrageously hilarious, while to me, the same joke was like reading a phone book...People and cultures are different and so are their sense of humour...

Emperor Ropi,
oh yes, I agree.

Bernita,

I'm glad you liked them!

Jason,

well perhaps, there is a thing as 'national humor'...? I don't know... see also my response to Angelique.

Vesper írta...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Good joke!
And the picture - well chosen! :-)
Like you, I don't know much about this Evil Editor - but it seems to be a blog from which one could learn a lot (by example).

SzélsőFa írta...

It's an absolute pleasure that this joke was understood by the many, Vesper.
Yes, his/her (?) site is useful, although I admit I don't understand everything all the time
:-(