
winter brings white cushions
filled with smooth feathers
to protect, to save, to keep
the fallen leaves waiting, who now are
dreaming of the soil they are
to become before the Sun rises again
over the skyline to fill the scene
once again with feathers and beaks
in a time yet to come
over here, over this garden
gasping for air in the clinch of fog
darkened by the night where rain's dripping
on the roofs of the henhouse
to be visited by a fox
on its quick-paced paws among
the sleeping birds who in fear
of getting slaughtered scream and squeak
into the black desolation so as to wake
us and consciousness
whipping them alive slowly is weakened
to a voice barely audible
among the clouds it is just like a sigh
over moors when the wind blows off
those will-o-the-wisps away....
6 megjegyzés:
Wonderful pictures!!
Did you take them near by?
Now Japan's weather is strange warm in winter.
Hello Lucy,
the first one was made by me in the Börzsöny Mountains, which is above the band of the Danube over Budapest.
For the second one, I had to look through the internet. I needed a VERY foggy picture.
Helllo agin,
In Japan,Mt Fuji is the hightest mMountain. There are a lot of mountains in Japan too.
Your writing is so visceral, I can almost, touch it, see the fox, taste the cold, wet mist. I have a will-o-the-wisps poems somewhere, which if I can find it, will post later today.
Thanks. I'm glad you like it :))
In fact, this is based on real-life experience. We do have a hen house and it was visited by a fox just days ago. It killed two of our hens and one of them (funnily named Szalonna, meaning Bacon in English) was my favourite hen among those we keep. I weeped over the loss quite a lot...
But I hope, I assume this fact does not devaluate the 'poem' in any way. I think it's my feelings that come accross, and I am happy to have succeeded in conveying the message, my feelings.
I will check your (?) poem later on.
I'm really sorry to hear about your Szalonna (;_;)
Megjegyzés küldése