december 11, 2006

Csontváry

IllMan of Glasgow has produced a photograph and published it here. The atmosphere reminded me of some works of a Hungarian painter called Csontváry Kosztka Tivadar. So I looked it up and found an English page about him for those who can't read Hungarian. It's here.
I like his landscapes and town pictures as well. Some of his his paintings are captured at times when the natural source of light (sunshine or moonbeam) is weak so there is need for artificial light.
Here are some of his masterpieces. Enjoy!


This one's above called 'Joy-ride in Athens'.

This one above is located in Jajce. Following his inner call and to gather artistic impression he travelled a lot. He spent some considerable time in Italy and around and later, he went to the Middle East as well.


This one was inspired in Naples, Italy (Napoli, Italia) and is called Sunset... I love, LOVE it!

And this final picture is probably one of his most famous pieces. It's called 'The pilgrimage to the Cedar of Lebanon'.

2 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Szelso Fa, these are fantastic. The sunset in particular. Thankyou for the link too.

Ill Man

SzélsőFa írta...

IllMan, I'm glad I was of some help :)

IllMan and Anniina:
Unfortunately I can not leave a reply on blogger beta for some reason. I've tried a hundred times. I'm sorry. Will try again on Thursday.