as you have probably noticed, I do frequent your blogs. In fact I visit yours more often than I do mine.
The reason?
Yours are more interesting :)))
Chris for example entertains us with a brilliant photo. In fact, I did laugh out loud for a couple of minutes after having enlarged it to its full and pure brilliance.
Aine has a blog. That should speak for itself. I command anyone interested in the human soul and the beauty of life go and see for himself.
The ever-witful Bernita has a debate on the presence and likelihood of ghosts. Worth a trip, as usual.
Ewen has a new photo-blog. He's definitely got the eye. Or, rather, two. His photos are better than my puns.
-
And I am sorry for the rest I left out intentionally yes, because the list would have been endless.
-
And now some words about the state of events at this side of the world. We renovate, build and do some more of the same thing. At the same time we desperately seek to earn some money to back up our fancy of having a comfortable house.
We keep raising chicken as per ususal. In fact we have now as many chicken we lost count.
Kids are fine.
Weather is so not fine.
It's cold and raining.
Blah.
-
And finally, some good news!!!
I'm going to The Netherlands between 8-13 October, to meet Bart.
No, not really, I'm on an official trip, but I might have the chance to meet my fellow blogger.
*keep fingers crossed*
-
Cheers to all,
SzF.
10 megjegyzés:
You're too sweet, Szelsofa! Thank you!
Your trip sounds wonderful! It's been too long since I've traveled to someplace new. I hope you do get to meet Bart!
Thankyou for the link Szelsofa. The new blog has no sidebar links or anything, so it's not really pulling traffic in just now. That was partly my intention. Your endorsement is very much appreciated.
As for the weather, I never welcome the rain. It hasn't been cold in Britain, but it has been very soggy over the summer. This week has been dry, but I'm preparing for another deluge over winter.
Sorry I haven't been by earlier! I have been frazzled and busy and feeling a little overwhelmed - but all in good ways!
Ooooh the Netherlands! I hope you post lots of great pictures!!!
Aine,
You are welcome. I too, don't travel very often. It is extremely expensive for us. Now it's somehow cheaper, but I'll have to work a bit, too.
I'm looking forward to it myself.
The last time I was abroad was in 2006. I was in The Netherlands, just for a change :)))
and I posted quite a number of good photos :)))
IllMan,
My pleasure.
I want rain to fall during night :)
Ello,
See my Archives 2006 September-October for photos.
Off-topic, but I just found a poem by Kenneth Rexroth written just after the Soviet invasion of Hungary, which has been translated into Hungarian:
http://www.c3.hu/scripta/lettre/lettre30/29rex.htm
The original English, with some notes, is here:
http://www.bopsecrets.org/rexroth/poems/1950s.htm#NORETORP-NORETSYH
Yeah, that Aine's blog is pretty cool.
You're a sweetie!!
I hope you have the bestest time in the Netherlands!!! I can't imagine living in Europe--I'd be in the car or train all the time visiting other countries. I still can't get over the fact you can drive a couple of hours in all directions and be in so many different countries! How wonderful to raise a family like that!
And very nice news about your chickens, LOL! Our neighbors have chickens that wander into our yard all the time. The rooster is quite arrogant, my husband says. And you know, he does have an attitude (the rooster, not the huband!)
:-)
Steve,
Thank you for the poem. The anniversary is on the way so I'll probably write a line or two about the events again, as I did last year and in 2006.
The way our police acts is quite out of control, unfortunately.
Jason,
:)))
Christine
you are right about the smaller distances, but the fact is that an average Hungarian family do NOT go abroad each month, or even each year.
The reasons our family stay at home are 1-we are renovating the house and we have no spare money for travelling, it is highly expensive 2-there are so many things to see within the country as well :))
Roosters can get arrogant and nasty I've learned from others.
Our rooster is kind to us. You can just get beside him and pick him up to pet him for a while as you like.
I hope you enjoy your trip!
Good luck with the renovations.
The blogs you've mentioned are indeed well worth visiting - but then so is yours... :-)
Thank you Vesper - you are so kind!!
Megjegyzés küldése