február 21, 2008

Contest time, UPDATED

Second update.
My entry is done and sent.
I will post it here as soon as Jason does over there.
----
Jason's doing it again. With a wonderful, inspiring photo of a solitary tree on a meadow, it's contest time again.
Go over to see all the entries - or enter yourself.

Visit the fun and excitement HERE. Even if you do not enter yourself, the variety an quality of entries is amazing.
I'm planning to enter too, as soon as the Muse finds me, as soon as I am left alone with my thoughts...
Also, Christine's also holding a four-part competition. The entries are quite interesting over there, too!
I have written Part One and Two and it's time I wrote Part Three as well.
- - -
Music for all those Metallica lovers out there: Wherever I may roam. Enjoy.

8 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

I thought of you when I decided to use this recent picture. I'm sure that sooner or later, it will speak to you.

SzélsőFa írta...

I feel honored and humbled, Jason. I wish I could measure up to expectations :)

Névtelen írta...

No way, I do such a thing again in the near future, thanks.

steve on the slow train írta...

I may try this one. I was thinking of a tree like your avatar's, and thought about the Eildon Tree in "Thomas the Rhymer." Then I went to his site and saw the picture. The Keats poem, "La Belle Dame Sans Merci" came to mind. Maybe I can work them together.

SzélsőFa írta...

Ropi,

you can just visit the site and read some or all of the entries. It is absolutely not compusolry to take part, but it is really really interesting to see what effect one single photo pcan have on people's mind. There are lots of different writers, I guess most of them non-professional, but some of them are published authors. They have all sorts of imaginery and use of words. For me it is a great experience.

Steve,

yes, please, do!

Névtelen írta...

Well, I don't think anyone is interested in my thoughts and my style and vocabulary aren't advanced enough and I am not going to make fool of myself.

SzélsőFa írta...

Hey there Ropi,

First of all, I did not say you HAD to write anything.
I tried to suggest that READING some (or all) of the entries might be an interesting experience- Last time it was about 80+ entries and none of them was the same as the other one.

Secondly, your thoughts are interesting and valuable. Most of the time you have deeper thoughts and ways of expression than anyone of your age.
Do not think low about yourself.

Thirdly,
this contest is not a fierce and cruel one. There are winners for sure, but those who do not win anything are treated with just as much friendliness and kindness. Every entry's receiving constructive and helpful comments. Noone's going ot make fool of him/herself.
It is a friendly community, which welcomes newcomers as well.

And again, anyone may enter with a 250-word piece, but noone is FORCED. Writing is fun for those who write.

iLL Man írta...

Sent mine off last night. Looking forward to seeing it up. Unless the email failed to get through.....

I've been meaning to work on my ficton again, so this is another good exercise.

Keep an eye out on 'Fiction Blog' in my sidebar, I'll have some more stuff up on it soon, the muse is back with me....