február 15, 2008

ice

It's going to be just another ordinary weekend
with actful mornings and lazy afternoons
we'll get to play board games
and although we won't let the kids win, they'll still do
they do it all the time
and the evening will be warm with all the logs I chopped -
but the sheets will be cold
and so will be the next Monday morning
when time's always up
and noone's home and noone's laughing
alone
facing the world yet never really talking -
freedom has lost its meaning
I don't reach out
and you don't sway
how did you -
why do I -
where are we?

and the time has come to see that something's gone

sometimes I wish you would not listen to me
but were holding my hands
it's when I demand attention is when I don't want you anymore
strange, isn't it?
does it take us anywhere?