|
-
See also a nice article about religious intolerance in modern times.
-
All right. Some of you might remember the joke that not everyone got. Here's another one, which will be explained at Monday 11 February, 11,00 AM, GMT. It is a sort of a Brit sense of humor - the one that no everyone likes. I think I like it very much - here we go:
SPOILER AHEAD:
Time's up - Here's the explanation:
The joke is that there's no joke.
The man wanted money, and got it.
He wanted to have a date with a famous lady and he got that one too.
Finally, he wanted a lampshade as a head.
All his 3 wishes were fulfilled.
It is as simple as that.
The listener expects that something funky has happened to the man with the lampshade. But there was no funky at all.
He got what he wanted.
All the 3 times.
We expect an unexpected and then a most ordinary thing happens.
And there's also a twist:
Wishes are also fulfilled in dreams/movies/jokes.
And now, this wish is quite extraordinary - but in a joke it just happens as if it was nothing special.
Well, that's about that.

8 megjegyzés:
I'm a snapdragon. I don't think the description fits me though: mischievous prankster. :D
The religious intolerance article makes me sad.
And, I don't get the humor in the lampshade joke. Is it just so bizarre that it's funny, or is there some other connotation about lampshades that I don't know about?
Aine,
Thanks for joining me all the 3 totally different ways!
No, there's nothing particularly funny about lampshades - I think it's one of those Brit sense of humor...
I'd prefer not to tell you more about the joke HERE, for I don't want to spoint the potential fun of other visitors.
But I will write you an email.
Pretty flower - sad article - and I don't get that joke. Now usually I like Brit humor but that one made me scratch my head.
The article just makes me mad that people can be so judgmental and negative. Sigh. Don't get me started!
I could believe this would happen in the U.S. But Canada?
That article is upsetting.
(can't see the video with service provider here. Takes forever to download, will try later)
Ello,
I think I will wait just a little bit more before explaining the joke. Say, Monday 12,00 AM, my local time, which is hour ahead of GMT (of Europe).
Chris,
Events like this makes me think that there's always a reason for spreading information and education of people.
Please let me know if you liked the joke or not.
I didn't check my flower type, but the joke was gone from the post, just the description. Must be my pc.
That joke is hilarious! I love it -- very British, very smart, very well done. Wish I could tell the actors that!
Angelique
aka, "Snapdragon"
Beth,
oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps you might try later on.
Angelique,
if you have a YouTube account, you can actually leave a comment in praise of the actors.
I know you're a Snapdragon - that was my inspiration to take a look at my flower :)
Megjegyzés küldése