Those who participated at any point of the 'take a closer look' photo contest surely do know what the title of this entry refers to.
Between 28 June and 11 November, there were 10 rounds, and the winner of the tenth one is still obscure.
Between 28 June and 11 November, there were 10 rounds, and the winner of the tenth one is still obscure.
Let's shout out congratulations into the blogosphere to the person who got this object right - you might wish to check back to refresh your memory for the original photo.
In round 10, there were 10 players!!! We had as much as 18 (eighteen) guesses.
Your ideas ranged from 'fallen snow' through 'animal fur' to 'someone who needs a shave' to various dried objects including 'hay', 'thistle', 'grass', pine needles'. The brave ventured into saying 'feathers'.
Well, my friends, this turned out to be funnier than it really was.
I'd say Beth was quite close with 'animal fur' and Aine with 'wolf' (- on a side note: I wish I were in friendly terms with a wolf enough to make a photo this close to his fur).
But the winner got it completely right:
It was a close up of a cat.
Congratulations, IllMan!
Here's proof. This is Berci (Behr-tzie)
--- to be continued. I'm planning to write a small statistics on the complete course of the game; to be posted soon.
14 megjegyzés:
I never took part in the game because I never figure out what any of the pictures were. However, it seemed like great fun for those who took part, so yay for a great idea!
Wow, I am really bad at this! I can't believe that was a cat! You must giggle madly when you get this outrageous guesses, right? :o)
Szelsofa-Thank you for posting a comment on Patry's blog.
I thought your picture might be animal hair, but it didn't look like cat hair. It certainly couldn't be from those amazing white Hungarian dogs--the beautiful Kuvasz or the incredible Komondor.
P.S. My wife is going to make Rigo Jancsi as a belated birthday cake for me next week. I'm guessing this cake is not a traditional Hungarian dish, but something concocted in the hotels of Budapest--an answer to the Viennese Sachertorte.
That is one very happy and cheeky kitty cat!
What a nice life, just basking in the sun.....
:-)
Church Lady
Strugglingwriter,
it's kind of sad you did not take part in the quizzes. It's never the winning but the fun of playing that counts!
Basically there were some fun mis-guesses, and considering your sense of humor, I do think we missed some great moments by your not having taken part. Too bad, again ;(
Ello,
You were the most prolific guesser during the game. And yes, sometimes I was like
^^
*
Steve,
Rigó Jancsi was a name of a famous gipsy musician. He was a real person and the cake is named after him. He died in 1927. It is not a traditinal Hungarian cake, but everzone knows what it is, and most people like it, too. (For the record: I don't)
Church Lady,
Her life is not so easy with all those minus degrees out now...*shivers*
Looked like feathers to me.... Maybe the cat had just indulged in a bird?
Melly,
she does like birds - but this time it was only fur :)
And it's absolutely no problem if one sees it as a feather while some other thinks it's dried grass.
It's for fun :)
Thanks for playing!
Szelsofa:
Love the games -- congrats to IllMan!
What does the kitty's name mean in Hungarian? Just curious. Maybe we should guess at that? :)
Angelique
Angelique,
And I like that you took part in my games!
Berci is a shortened form of Bertalan, which is a male name 'Bartholomew'. So unfortunately, nothing special here.
She came with the house when we bought it, and had her name eversince. I know Bartholomew is a male name and the cat is female - but that's just how it is.
Wahey!!! I won something!!
I did say a wet cat, so maybe it's not entirely right......... ;D
I'm so proud to have won the final 'Take A Closer Look', I'm off to brag about it on my blog..... =D
Cheers!
Congrats to ill man!
It's funny how I immediately thought of a more exotic guess rather than considering something as common as a cat. What a "duh" moment-- I didn't even consider that a close-up photo of a wolf meant that you had to have been very brave (or crazy)!
IllMan,
I'm so glad you did win. Some of your photographs are so great, you must have *the* eye.
Aine,
it seems your fantasy went unharnessed - which is a nice and exciting!
To you all:
statistics are coming on their way, but I'm to proofread an article right now. Don't.have.much.time.
I'm sorry to make you wait for the very final!
Aha, I'm making a comeback!!!
Yes, do please come back, Beth.
Megjegyzés küldése