december 02, 2007

Hiking in the hills

Starting point: Tokod, a small city in the Gerecse Mountains.
Destination: Kesztölc, a small city in the Pilis Mountains.
Distance covered:15kms - convert from metric HERE.
Highest peak: Nagy-Gete 455m.
Weather: clear, sometimes sunny, 5-8 degrees centigrade.
--
Worst experience: My son complaining about how dull and pointless hiking in general is. Later he exclaimed he wished to eat one of the berries he knew were poisonous so that he would die.

Best experience: The view from the top. Also, my son saying at the end that it was an interesting day.

Worst hiking experience: Having to go uphill at a 25-40 degrees slope for 90 minutes.

Best hiking experience: I was just as much panting as anyone in the group. Plus, I did climb it, after all. Also, the mactro shots I made.

Enjoy the photos.










6 megjegyzés:

Vesper írta...

Oh, I like hiking but I haven't done it in years. You inspire me to try it again. Very nice pictures - especially the fifth from the top that looks like a beautiful painting.

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper,

go, then, go. Nature is awaiting. And once you get there you'll see how much YOU have been waiting for that encounter, too.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Lovely! Now if only I weren't such a lazy pig I would consider this. But I enjoy other people's stories about hiking!

SzélsőFa írta...

Ello,

there are some of mine stories over here, labelled as 'hiking' :)
Hiking feels just right and makes one feel alive. You should go and try it sometime.

Névtelen írta...

Wow, I'm still struck by how similar Hungary and Pennsylvania look.

Thanks for sharing your journey. :) If even your son's mood was transformed, it was a grand success.

Beth írta...

I've left comments at Mad Tree, Take a Closer Look, and now on this post. I love these little snapshots. What's the cost of living where you are? I mean, in dollars, what would the average person need to live weekly? Husband asked me to ask you.