december 30, 2007

lazy, lazy, lazy

A blue car arrived.


The pace of workers at the house has quickened. One man in green has started attending the flowers.

The managers workers were also budy discussing the course of events.
Soon there were houses for everyone. For those who liked some horseback riding, there were horses. Kids had their playgrounds. Mom has started barbecueing in the back-garden, beside the well.
After that, Mom got tired, drank some wine and went asleep.

23 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

I have never liked Lego.

SzélsőFa írta...

Ropi,

Oh, that's sounds strange. Perhaps, you'll like it when you get older, like when you get 40, mwahhahhah.

Chris Eldin írta...

Those are awesome houses!
The best my children could ever come up with is to see who could build the tallest tower.
:-)

SzélsőFa írta...

Church Lady,

Some of them are built upon following directions from Lego, some are invented by Mr. Mechnanic himself, the one that turned 11 on 30 December.
I think your kids will build great houses once they get a little bit older. But some kids are just not attracted to building...? Perhaps your kids are one of those.

Névtelen írta...

Two Hungarian discoveries in a single month!

The first novel in the trilogy written by Micklos Banffy, "They Were Counted". Simply superb and I am a man who on the whole dislikes novels. Somehow, someway, sometime, I must visit Translyvania.

Then your Blog - enchanting! I shall be a constant visitor - in some blogging quarters that might be considered a threat - but not in yours.

Happy New Year.

SzélsőFa írta...

David, you are welcomed to visit this site. How did you find me, btw.?
If you are interested in the history and people of Transsylvania, I suggest you read some Wass Albert. He died in the USA and most of his works are published in English.
I think 'The Red Star Wears Away' and 'Man beside the Road' are both great. These titles are translated by me, upon the original Hungarian titles.

Névtelen írta...

The 'Ill Man':

http://illmandirtynotes.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-elsewhere.html

Névtelen írta...

Looks like a blast! Even more so because the whole family gets into it.

iLL Man írta...

Szelsofa, meet David. David, meet Szelsofa............

If he starts talking nonsense, just agree with him. It's easier that way............ ;D

The Lego takes me back.....Happy memories.

Beth írta...

Always loved Lego and was so happy with all the years my son loved them as well.

The part of mom drinking too much wine -- priceless. Really made me laugh. What a great job on the Lego building!

SzélsőFa írta...

David,

I think I've found out for myself by checking your site for familiar places. The only one I found was IllMan's blog.

Jason,

This is one of the best part: a family can play as a team. Those four kids are not all ours, though. We have only two.

IllMan,

I've met people like those. Thanks!!

Beth,

actually, I was having like one cup, less than 1 decilitre of wine.
This Christmas, the angels bought us this big box of Lego.

Vesper írta...

Happy New Year!
All the best to you and your loved ones!

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

I love lego! I have to admit to enjoy building with my kids even when they get tired and stop playing - and I finish their creations!

Happy new year!!

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper,

thank you for the warm wishes.

Ello,

that's funny!
But I totally heart you.
The only danger is when kids are fed up with building Lego and you want to finish doing it is that they don't allow you to.

Névtelen írta...

Great post. I look forward to the days of building houses as well. :)

SzélsőFa írta...

Strugglingwriter,

they will surely come, provided your little daughter is interested in building at all - some kids do not find it interesting.

pacatrue írta...

Very cute, and I agree those are some great houses!

Lucy írta...

I want to get a house this year!
I make my sons built a Lego house...

SzélsőFa írta...

Pacatrue,

Building IS great, isn't it? Do you have Legos, too?

Lucy,

are you planning to move?
Do you join them playing?

The Quoibler írta...

Szelsofa:

I think this is my favorite post of yours thus far! :)

My son is actually building Lego cars, trucks, and planes as I type. We are a Lego family around here, no doubt about it!

Happy new year to you and the managerial "team" busily constructing wonderful houses, stores, and other fine stuff.

Angelique

SzélsőFa írta...

Hello Angelique,

Sometimes it feels good to write about little nothings of life. Sometimes those are more important!
Thanks for the good wishes!

Bobealia... írta...

I LOVE Lego.

SzélsőFa írta...

Welcome back, Bobealia, what a funny/strange avatar you have there ?!