I'm engaged in watching the 'Witness for the Prosecution', a 1957 Billy Wilder film, based on Agatha Christie's story.
I'm watching these old films on YouTube while they are on.
I'll be soon up with the solution for round 10 in the Take a close look photo contest. Please feel free to return and cast your guesses.
----
I have been witnessing school events directly in the classroom as two days in this week were dedicated to showing parents, grandparents and anyone interested just exactly what is going on in the classroom during a lesson.
In Hungary, classrooms are closed except for the teacher and his/her pupils. No one is allowed there. But there are exceptions. The most important are these 'Open Days' I have just mentioned.
Kids are excited, and the parents, too.
But a parent might visit any other class outside of the frame of these Open Days, when said parent and the teacher involved mutually agrees upon it. I, mother of a suspected case of serious AD/HD son, have been allowed to watch the 'horrible actions' my son is capable of while in class. Those times are seem to have gone, my son is getting older and more mature.
When he was transferred to his now third school, the Headress (word?) of the School looked upon him and asked: Oh, so he's the boy with the serious case of AD/HD, isn't he?
My son was infamous all over the city BEFORE he entered this 3rd school.
After all, it all turned out for the better.
Son has started to show noticable improvement in the behaviour section, finally.
Almost all of his teachers have proved to be tolerant, understanding and loving, and the list includes the Head of the school as well.
They accept him and are constructive in helping him to overcome his difficulties.
---
I attended 2 of my son's classes and 3 of my daughter's.
My daughter is now 7.5 years old and is in the first grade. They are learning the alphabet, including those funny Hungarian characters as well :)
One of the tasks these first graders faced was reading out a word aloud. Once they did this, each of them had to embed it into a sentence.
The word was hó (snow). A very easy word to decipher, I guess.
Most of the kids came up with sentences like:
- We make snowballs in the garden.
- There is snow on the road.
- A car slips in the snow.
But behold when it comes to my daughter; her version was something along this:
- It is snowing outside and we are throwing snowballs, and are building a snowman, who is standing in the snowcastle we have just made from the snow and it is still snowing.
Talking about love of words? And showing?
Here's a drawing she recently made:
9 megjegyzés:
Your daughters drawing of the two cats and the bird is simply wonderful. What a clever girl.
That drawing is really great. Very cute and also detailed. I'm not sure I could make one so nice (you've seen my art skills with my map).
Also, her sentence was pretty good also.
Finally, I'm glad you are having a better experience with the new school.
Melly,
oh, yes, she makes some nice drawings. Not all of her drawings are this articulated or detailed, but this is a nice specimen indeed.
Strugglingwriter,
Oh yes, your drawing skills might not match that of my daughter :)
But you are a writer and have other jobs.
This third school seems just fine as of the moment.
SzélsőFa
I love children's art! My walls are plastered with all my kids artwork and I love it better than any expensive art gallery work.
By the way - I loved Witness for the Prosecution!
Szelsofa,
For some reason, yours was the only site I had difficulty with when I *had* dial-up connectivity. It would take about ten minutes to load, so that's why I don't leave comments very often.
But, just a half hour ago, I GOT HIGHSPEED!!!
WOOOHOOO!!!
Yours is the first site I visit (well, after YouTube)
I can come play in your garden now!!
:-)
Szelsofa:
This drawing really made my night (it's 10:46 p.m. as I type and I have tons of work to do before I crawl into bed). You should frame it!
Angelique
Ello,
you surely have a great heart, Ello. And a heartwarming home, too!I love entering homes where instead of vast open walls, there are many kids' art hanging here and there.
Church Lady,
I'm happy you came here first after you had your whoo-hoo installed.
Come often, and more often, too.
Angelique,
Oh, that's so fine! Did you have a dream about it, too?
Did you write anything inspired by it, perhaps?
Would you care sharing it with us, perhaps?
Some of Rozi's drawings are so really great, yes.
I have some more to share in the forthcoming times.
Watched witness again two weeks ago. Love it. As for the kiddles, I wish I could put mine in a time machine. Ages 4-8 were idyllic. Age 19 is far too weird. I don't want to think how my son might use "snow" in a sentence. Probably "Who gives a (bleep) about the friggin' snow? Is there snow on MySpace?" Enjoy it all while you can :)
Thank you Billy, for visiting my blog.
I laughed at your examples of using the word 'snow'. Kids are less nice when they are into the teenage years. They tend to do everything to avoid seeming to being nice to anyone.
I have still a couple of years before they reach that nasty age.
Megjegyzés küldése