június 12, 2007

an evening story to Hajas


The mother Hen was walking along the edge of the forest with her chicklets. They were all enjoying the fresh grass and everyone picked on the wild flowers, too. Once they saw that curious little chiklet that came out of the bushes. It was so sparkling and colorful. 'Oh, you must be the Princess of Chickens, for your plumage is so full of colors' - they said the new chicken in amazement. 'Yes, I am' it answered. 'And you must be the chicken family that lives in the village down there'.
'Please, come and have dinner with us' - the family invited the Princess.
They all walked down to where the Hen and her chiklets lived. There were plenty of seeds there. And they tasted the corn in the yard. They ate so much they fell asleep. Everyone slept in the henhouse and let the Princess slept on the highest rod.
Photo: by me on 7 June, 2007. Hajas's name is to be pronounced as 'Huh-yush'

2 megjegyzés:

Melly` írta...

I should let you know this - your blog has made me want to have chooks (chickens) again. The new job has TERRIBLE waste with beautiful fruit and food never even touched by human hands.. and putting the food in the rubbish disturbs me. Then of course I like to look at your chooks and kids..

MOTH (man of the house) has agreed to build me a new chook pen! We have the tin for the pen and now just need the wood and the time to build it! Thanks!

SzélsőFa írta...

wow, I am fascinated by having become an inspiration!
Be careful to protect them for the night against predators - but if you're familiar with keeping chooks than you know that for sure.

I'm just telling this because a predator killed 4/5 of our chicken last winter.