We have two more weeks of school. It feels like summer. The invincible smell of strawberries rises up above in the morning even in streets with cars...
.jpg)
The heat reaches the bones and purges the last reminescent of winter out of your body. Or does it make you recall it even more? Or does it make you feel you're storing up energy for the winter yet to come? But where would that be you wonder...
The late afternoon campfires with bacons' sizzling on rods is one of summer's best attributes.
I guess some of you'd find roasting and eating bacons disgusting - or at least...strange.... ?
It is sort of a habit over here to have them sliced up and pushed into rods - they are simple and quick to make. Kids enjoy it pretty much.
The fat goes into the bread which is eaten with lots of spring onions, tomatoes and salads - basically with whatever 'green' the garden can offer. Yesterday I had mine with basil for example. Most people do not eat the bacon itself, but we do..jpg)
.jpg)
8 megjegyzés:
bacon on a stick? Sounds delicious!
Have you not tired it, really, Beth?
It is as very simple as it sounds. Just put the piece of bacon through the stick and heat it over the fire...well, not exactly into a flame, but when the fire has sort of died off. It starts dripping quite soon and you have to save the drippings on a slice of bread. Everyone makes his/her own serving - that also makes the food quite easy to make. Eat with fresh greens, and of course the bacon is edible, too.
We use sausages.. and sometimes damper... but cooked the same way.I am imagining you have cut that bacon off a ham? I havent tried that actually - but WILL!
Thanks for voting, Melly.
You know, for this meal, let's call it bacon-on-a-stick, we use a bacon that has NO ham on it at all. In Hungary you can ask at a market or shop for bacon for a bacon-on-a-stick :) everyone knows what is is - it is so popular.
I suggest you trying and you might also'd like to post photos of the result, will you, please?
Howcan you think that someone would find roasting and eating bacon disgusting? Everything grilled is good. I'm on a seafood diet myself. I see food, I eat it.
You know OnlyJokingLasse, that is hilarious.
There used to be a puppet monkey in the 70's and his name was 'Hakapeszi' - It literally translates to 'If he gets something he eats it'.
Ha, meaning, if
kap, meaning, a third person singular gets something
eszi, meaning a third person sing. eats something
I added that option for I have a prejudice that most American people have fun in rejecting fat in its natural form. Sorry if anyone's listening :)
Holy God in Heaven! Bacon on a stick! This is pure genius. I can almost smell it...
prepare it, then!
it is really good.
Don't tell me I'm the first you hear it from!
Megjegyzés küldése