június 20, 2007

The eight random facts meme

Allright. I was tagged by Beth some time ago and I wish to supply you with all these unnecessary information about me...

1. Although my skin is never white (say, it's yellowish in the winter and bronze-ish in the summer) and my hair is long, a bit wavy and rather really black than brown, my eyes are blue. This fact about my eyes usually surprises those who have not really cared to look into the eye and have only a faint recognition of my overall complexion.
2. I prefer cold weather to hot anytime. I can enjoy hiking at degrees below zero, but when it reaches above 25 C, there's nothing much to do around for me, really.

3. I have a strange way to numbers and regularity. When I work (at home) I measure my time spend working in 15 minutes. For each 15 minutes I put a sign into a printed schedule that shows the hours of the day, divided into 15 minutes. Basically, this is how I measure the amount of time I work - for I am paid on a time-basis. When I do aerobics at home, I count everything. Whatever excercise I'm doing I'm doing 10-15-20-25 of that. I can't and won't do, like 13 of situps. That sounds nonsense to me. I do either 10 or 15. Talking of excercise, I do it almost everyday, do 30 minutes almost everday and do it almost always between 9,30 and 11,30 AM. I've been even known for cancelling appointments that would collide with that daily routine. But behold! We have monthly meetings with my husband, when we assing duties for the coming month and evaluate the completion of tasks assigned for the past one. We've been doing it for 10 years now and it is really interesting to look back at things of the past. 'See? We had been unable to fix that curtain for 6 months!! Bwah-hah-hah!!!'


4. I used to have a Gordon setter. I called her Niki (pronounce as Nicky). I walked her a lot and so I did while we were hiking. At one time she caught a baby mouflon. We were on a three day-hike with my husband so we kept the flesh and had it for dinner over open fire. I also took her to traning lessons and trained her myself as well. She was an eager learner, lover of woodlands and a very disloyal company. Anyone who offered a larger chunk of food was her best friend at any given moment. I took her to Dog Shows as well. I bred her, had my own kennel name, which is now my password to my blog account - so don't ask for it.I loved doing this, but I doubt I will ever have a dog again.


5. In wintertime, chopping firewood is one of my favourite activity. It is excellent for releasing stress. Also it is useful, for our house is heated with wood only. Also, it strengthens my hand muscles to a level that leaves male visitors impressed.


6. I am addicted to the Internet and to my PC in general. I have to take serious measures on the daily basis to avert myself form sitting in front of the monitor. What do I do? Reading blogs, playing online games, writing..... When I'm not on the net, I enjoy my other life just as much and really can get involved in life, but distraction is not easy.

7. I had the chance to visit the Grand Canyon in 1991. We were a group of 9 people, travelling in a Chevrolet station wagon. I usually sat on the furthest back seat, with lots of baggages, but no human else. When we arrived to the parking lot, everyone hurried out to go and visit the 'Nice Hole'. I said everyone and meant everyone but me, for I was unable to leave the car: I was reading a novel and was on the last pages and was unable to leave the story behind. Even if the alternative activity was visiting the canyon, I stayed in the seat until I finished reading. The novel that outshone the canyon was Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet'. The beauty of the Grand Canyon utterly impressed me, nevertheless....! And I wish to return.
8. So far, so good... I have managed to collect facts that are either interesting, or sort of funny. At least nothing gloomy and really bad... Okay, let's give it a try. I'm a hermit-type of person. I like inviting people to my house, making them feel allright, have an entertaning couple of hours, and also I like being invited to parties and/or hike around in the wild with people, but if I'm asked, 90 of 100 occasions I would prefer being alone anywhere anytime to being with anyone.


There you have it. Pictures were 'taken' from the internet - except for photos for 1, 2 and 5

4 megjegyzés:

Melly` írta...

Your answers to this meme were very interesting.

I fish to be alone. But it is more than the being alone.. it is the water and the beauty, the movement, the still, the light and the chance to sometimes look at something beautiful.. talk to it in my silence and put it back.

But my other joy in life is my family and friends. And that is a heck of a lot of noise and mess!

I wish I could be so disciplined in keeping fit!

And I despise the cold and love the warm weather. Mad hot weather can get me down a little I guess...

Lucy írta...

You have blue eyes! Maybe If I see you, I must watch your eyeballs.
LOL
You have a nice house around nature.
Our city is very busy. Sometime I want to escape to the other city...

Beth írta...

We have a lot in common. I'm a wood splitter also because my home is also only heated with wood. Also, I am definitely a hermit.

I was curious though, what do you do at home that you get paid to do? I didn't understand that part.

SzélsőFa írta...

To Melly,
I also enjoy nature's beauty. I think we have a lovely conversation (me and nature), which deep connection sometimes is destroyed by the pure presence of others. Perhaps, i should do some improvement here....

To Lucy,
cities are crowded for sure. I suggest you walk by the sea...or into a forest...I am unsure whether that is possible for you..?

To Beth,
you got that right: I work at home and I get paid for that. At the moment I work for a company that produces and distributes organic food. I work at the logistics.
At other times, I do translations. The text comes by email, I translate and send it back by email again. There. Translation is paid by characters. I also used to have a student - a boy who learned English at our house. A private student, if you like. His parents paid me on a timely basis, too.
Now tell me what sort of furnace or oven do you heat YOUR house with?