augusztus 02, 2009

the four meme

Here's another meme I saw at Aine's.
It is called 'the four meme' - and just above her take on the blogosphere's contagious fun (a.k.a. meme) she's pondering about the importance of the number four for her and for mankind in general.
For me, the number five always seemed more attractive for some reason I can not name.
Number five makes me think of the four elements (earth, fire, wind and water) plus the spirit. There are five fingers on each of our hands and legs.
But now back to the meme ->
The compilation below reflects my attitude towards the worlds as of today - it's not a general picture of me, but rather a quick sample of my present state.
-
Four Movies You Can See Over and Over
Lord of the Rings
S.Darko
The Butterfly Effect
Macskafogó (a Hungarian animated movie)
Four Places You Have Lived
the town I was born in, plus the one I've been living in since 1995
-now that's only two
Four TV Shows You Love(d) to Watch
no tv at the moment
Four Places You Have Been on a Vacation - (in cronological order)
Bulgaria, seaside
Prague
USA
The Netherlands
Four of your favorite foods
dark chocolate (I do love the 100% version)
hot herb tea
radicchio
beef
Four Websites You Visit Daily
Google (does it count?)
YouTube
a Hungarian version of an MMORPG site (y'all, I'm an addict)
my blog and your blog, too
Four Places You Would Rather Be
canoeing on River Tisza
Mongolia
anywhere where's the weather is anything but bloody hot like right here and now
Four Things You Hope to Do Before You Die
Visit Tibet and/or Mongolia
Go skydiving
Hear that some of my writing(s) helped someone in some way in his/her journey to a more complex and balanced life
See my kids (grandkids) lead a happy life
Four Novels/Books You Wish You Were Reading for the First Time
(I guess this is for books that had the greatest impact of any kind on my life...a tough question)
Hundred years of solitude by G.G.Marquez
Oryx and Crake by M. Atwood
Poems of József Attila (an acknowledged Hungarian poet of the early XX. century)
Birdy by W. Wharton

8 megjegyzés:

Chris Eldin írta...

This was fun to read! For some reason, I always think of all Europeans as having been to practically all of Europe. Like, "Honey, how'd you like to go to Austria for dinner tonight?"
hehehe Just seems that way to me.
:-)

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

well Chris, this may be the case for those wealthy to middle class Western-Europeans, but for many of eaterners, travelling anywhere is extremely expensive.

I'm glad that you liked it, though. It definitely mirrors my somewhat darker mood of these days.

Beth írta...

I've never seen S. Darko, but I loved Donnie Darko.

I'm just inviting you to my new site, www.thriftybif.com. I hope you subscribe by e-mail and if you have any tips, send them along!

SzélsőFa írta...

Beth,

It's a sequel to Donnie Darko since Sam(antha) Darko is Donnie's little sister.
Reviews have all been unkind to this second movie and I tend to agree that second versions of major films are usually do not measure up.
I like it anyway.
It still has interesting characterization of today's wasted youth - which is anything but close and familiar to me, but it is a neat characterization anyway. Most actors are good, the music is superb, the story is logical... what else can anyone want from a movie for a Friday night?

Aine írta...

Wow-- I didn't know there was a sequel to Donnie Darko! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for enlightening us!

I see a theme of climbing higher in your list: mountains, skydiving, cool clean air... :)

And, if the wish for skydiving weren't enough, 100%?? Damn. You are the woman!
;)

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

SzélsőFa írta...
Aine - you made me laugh :))))
anyway, no one can deny that you are the one with the eye to see the connection and reason behind all those loose words of mine ...