augusztus 07, 2009

the Moon rested on his shoulders


He had a star held
in his left hand
with white trails of pillows behind


He heard the pumpkin growing
inch by inch
waiting patiently
for another turn of the sky


He smelled
the Earth gently puffing out
today's sudden rain
like it was the downpour of some desparate child
left alone among the crazed crowd of anger
and silence
kills it all


He kissed the star
and let it glow
alone

and the Moon rested on his shoulders
-
-

7 megjegyzés:

Karen írta...

This is lovely, Szelfosa! Beautiful imagery.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thank you Karen.
This idea just hit me late at night one day...
SzélsőFa

Vesper írta...

Oh, SzélsőFa, this is so beautiful... The imagery is so enticing, and intriguing, so appealing to all the senses... Wonderful!

Névtelen írta...

I liked reading about these strong shoulders.

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper,
I am humbled. Thank you.

Jason,
you must have seen into the subconscious realm of the poem, where something even I was not completely aware of, reigned. Great insight from a different point of view.

Névtelen írta...

Very beautiful. I loved the last bit especially:

"He kissed the star
and let it glow
alone

and the Moon rested on his shoulders"

Paul

SzélsőFa írta...

Thank you Paul.
I'm glad this picture resonated positively in many of my loyal readers :)