I think I have just finished with the first draft of Halo. I started writing it in late 2007, stopped writing around March 2008 and never have added more than a couple of words and or done some minor revisions ever since. but this last December I decided to stop dragging writing anymore, put the delay to an end and voilá.now I've got 7488 words, out of which 2207 was added in the last week. this is my longest ever writing. revisions might take more than half of it away, but still.
I think I'm just learning. I hope I do.
beta readers are kindly invited...
more information on the project is available on my other blog.
-
we have started learning Benjamin Britten's A Ceremony of Carols this week. If there is a virtual purring insert one hearty one to visualize my feelings about being on the path to be able to properly sing it. just yum. yum.
you can watch some of the pieces on YouTube.
-
so, I'll definitely let Halo rest for a couple of days.
in the meanwhile, be sure to visit Jason's contest named 'Silhouette'.
so, I'll definitely let Halo rest for a couple of days.
in the meanwhile, be sure to visit Jason's contest named 'Silhouette'.
8 megjegyzés:
Congratulations! What a feeling of accomplishment that must be!
in fact, it kind of weights me downwards ...
I have mixed feelings.
but thank you anyway, your words are sweet, Karen. thank you.
Congratulations on your writing. I was in a writing funk for a while after my second kid was born last May, and just got out of it in November. Anyhow, good luck to you my friend.
Paul
aw, Paul,
this is so sweet of you.
I, too, have been dealing with inspiration issues in the past 18 months.
thank you for your heartfelt wishes.
That's wonderful, SzwelsoFa. So glad you didn't give up.
Your entry in Jason's contest is lovely too.
Thank you, Bernita,
for your kind words.
I thought I would give up, but the story had other intentions. good for me ;)
I'm glad you finished your story, SzélsőFa. I think I know about these mixed feelings that you're mentioning... For me it would be elation and at the same time a sadness, an emptiness...
If you need somebody to read it, don't hesitate - it would be my pleasure!
chickwithaquill@gmail.com
Vesper,
wow, i'm thrilled!!!
d'you know the saying: be careful about what you ask for...
;)
Megjegyzés küldése