My forewords are to remember this situation. The words beneath the photo I gathered today in an attempt to turn this something I feel inside out. It is definitely borne by the photo, and perhaps something I still have inside. Enjoy. Or whatever.

The smell of mould. The touch of aluminum. Cold and tough beneath the inside of his broken palm.
A cigarette might help.
A car turned around the corner down on the street. He lowered himself on the gravel. Each and every little stone in the concrete reached to his leg. Some of them felt smooth, some had shrieking edges. Too much information.
He forced the paper between his parched lips and took a long sniff. It was not lit.
Behind the curtain of my eyes a howling approaches.
Numbing illusions to minimum, screwing up perceptions to maximum. Too much.
If I could only break the bars.
Out of the cage.
His stomach shivered. The scree attained his flesh, his tendons, his bones underneath.
The lighter in his pocket. With hands shaking the let the little dancing flow of fire meet the end of the roll. A tip of flame kissed his fingers, piercing dry skin. He hardly noticed the smell of burning flesh.
Finally. Out with you all.
The flow took him up and above. Out of the cage.
3 megjegyzés:
Szelsofa,
I'll have to come back and read your posts...esp the one below interests me.
But for now, I'm trying to collect emails.
Here's a copy and paste message:
Hi,
I wanted to ask you if you could take a moment and send me an email at my new email address:
chriseldin1@gmail.com
(You don’t have to write anything, I just want your email address for my new contact list, if that’s okay).
The hotmail server where I am has been locked up for over a week, and I can’t access my contact list. I’m sorry I’m posting this on your blog. And I’m also sorry this is a copy and paste letter. Will be back around….
Thanks!! And if you can’t, no worries!
A very interesting vignette to accompany a very intriguing photo... I've missed your writings. I'm glad you're back with them. :-)
Chris,
knowing your reasons to write a copy'n'past letter makes it all justified. No need to worry!!
I did write you a letter, though, and positively hope for your feedback on basically anything I write.
Vesper,
Yes, it was a real pull I felt. And this is the vignette it produced.
As for being back in writing, I missed writing, too.
As I tried to explain in my last post it's not the quality but the fact, the ability to use writing as a tool I value much.
I need writing for some reason and if my writing pleases and helps other people I am truly overjoyed. Thank you!
Megjegyzés küldése