február 05, 2009

new duties

Dear all,
these days we are still waiting for the exam results and once we have them the next step of the application starts. As I have informed you my son is trying to get into a secondary school. Final results are to be expected sometime mid April.
He is either accepted - in which case he would probably need more help from us with learning. This is a tough school, you know.
But if his results are low and he stays out, we should try the same thing next year, as we were advised.
If that were the case (=no admission for the year 09/10) he would either be homeschooled OR enrolled into another (Catholic) school. Only to try the entrance exams to the same school in January 2010 once again.
-
In the meantime we are waiting, keeping his mind occupied...
-
Some of you might recall the long post I wrote about the local women's club last March. Here's the link for those who wish to care...
Well, I did not quit but restricted my activities to the minimum.
In fact, I withdrew from the management completely and turned my attention towards other activities the club took.
One of them was making mosaics.
Here's my first ever job.
A number plate for our house, displayed on the kitchen floor.

Also, being the member involved attending a film club, where once in a month we watched and discussed a non-mainstream film. One of them was Friends and crocodiles, more on the later on...
So, time has passed, the organization has changed again, for the better this time...and there I'm back again....

I've been given the task of writing articles for the monthly online magazine the group wishes to publish. Lifestlyle, traditions, gardening, herbs, environmental issues are my main areas of writing here, but I am there also as a watchdog to make sure feminism does not get carried away to the extremes...
Well, this is a title I gave myself, but I'm not doing it secretly. I'm open about being an advocate of diversity among the members of the group. As you know they used to speak diversity, but used to act the opposite.
We'll just see how it works out.

-
The online game I mentioned a couple of times here, has ended yesterday. I was sad and happy at the same time. More on that later on, too.
-
In the meantime, we are still working on our house... This is my husband and a friend laying the tiles in the kitchen.

8 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

That mosiac is very nice. I wish I could create things like that for my house.

SzélsőFa írta...

Paul, if you are interested, all you have to do is join a mosaic club in your vicinity...I'm sure there are ones :P
And the number plate for a house is the most convenient thing to come up with.

I'll make a new post sometime in the near future about how it is made.

Névtelen írta...

Thanks SzélsőFa. I can't join anything because we have a new baby on the way any day now. Still, it would be neat to see how it was done.

Paul

SzélsőFa írta...

Oh, yes, the baby! Is it that soon already?

Chris Eldin írta...

I was going to comment on the pretty tiles, but now I want to talk about Strugglingwriter's baby!
:-)

Szelsofa, sounds like many positive and deserved changes in your life!!! You seem happy, just from these few words.

Vesper írta...

SzélsöFa, there's a little something waiting for you at my site...
:-)

Vesper írta...

I had read your post a few days ago and I thought I had commented on it, but now I see that I didn't. :-(

I hope you get the results you want for your son. Best of luck!

The mosaic is very beautiful. I'm glad that you have so many wonderful activities. :-)

SzélsőFa írta...

Chris,

Yes, there are definite new events in my life and I'm happy about them. Thanks for the tiles, we like those, too!


Vesper,

I did collect my award from your site, thank you!
Also, I'm glad you like my piece of art of mosaic.