október 12, 2006

Köln aka Cologne



I promised Dutch impressions, only to realize later that some of the photos I made in Köln, Germany are worth sharing. This first one goes out to Kieran, who has a special feeling towards those street performers. This one was dressed up to of what the neareast desrictiption might be a jester, with all those masks attached to his body. He was moving most of the time however, as people kept coming to make a photograph with him. Here below is one of the tourists who felt like this was an inevitable occassion to get captured with a jester.

Behind the grey jester and the Japanese girl, there is a second performer standing, dressed up as a .... gentleman? a hofmeister?...any other guesses? I don't know. I think he was more talented than our jester in the front, but he was much less respected by the onlookers. So he just stood there motionless while the grey-man kept moving and posing for photographs.
The Köln Dome however, did not leave me unimpressed, so I made obvious photos like this:


But the thing about the Dome that made me like it at the instance was this little piece of creation, a door-handle if you please:


It's so very precious, isn't it?

And finally, here's something disappointing I saw. Look how mankind has abandoned Nature. Collecting autumn leaves while strolling in a park or in a forest....we all used to to this in our childhood, didn't we? Now, our modern world leaves no time and space for us to go out of the city. If you need a feeling of autumn, get it here, spend your money here - cause it's all for sale.

2 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Astonishing post hon. I LOVE the jester outfit, what a wonderful costume, amazing! Also the cathedral, it looks HUGE. I've only seen it in pictures, but your's has more perspective than what I've seen in history books. Very cool!

Hey, those people that are selling leaves, they can come to MY yard and pick up leaves any time they want! It is a bit weird to be selling leaves in the city though. I wholly agree. Nice post!

SzélsőFa írta...

Hello Bruce,
I'm glad you liked the text and the photos, too.
Re: fallen leaves: why don't you compost them? Compost heaps do not take much time to make or space in the garden....
(Just a suggestion)