október 20, 2006

Amsterdam - as seen by me

while watching my photos made on 28 October you might want to listen to the music I re-embrace these days:


Imagine you wake up one sunny day, your eyes open only to find that you are not at home. You look around to find out where have you been placed.
You see bikes. Lots of. Parking lots designed for bikes only. For lots of bikes... Started to getting it?

Yes, the city of bicycles.


And you discover that oddly enough, in the center of the city, the ratio of water goes well over the percentage of pavement... oh, the city of canals...


Whoa! Here, you might run into a drunken and or stoned funky man with Jamaican and or African origin who is so crazy about inviting you to somewhere you are not really intended to enter... Also, you might feel strange that you don't really get coffee in the coffee-shops. Or what you get there is not really coffee. See figure below to find out what is that I have NOT bought here... Oh, the city of soft drugs... liberals...

But for most of all, it is the city where non-paralell lines do not meet in the near. Oh, for the love of verticals and horizontals - and the complete lack of it! So, I guess you know where your are. Yes, it's Amsterdam.
There. Enjoy!


And here is my favourite one:

Dear all, my PC is in its ruins. I have been working on this single post for two days. Slow work interrupted by moments and hours of frustration. Ain't no suitable anymore. So the verdict is a friendly meeting between my computer and an IT expert.

But anyhow, I will be away between 26 and 30 October. I'm visiting this event!

I might post until I leave to Turin (Torino) Italy next Wednesday - and I might not. God bless you all!

3 megjegyzés:

Bart Treuren írta...

thank you for the inspired comment and the well-made photos...
i'm glad you've taken the time and the effort to look around, amsterdam's a wonderful and strange city which i still cannot understand...
hope you're OK, let me know where and when you're around, i've been very busy, preoccupied and sadly mixed up in circumstances i would have liked to have avoided... please leave me a comment with an email where i can contact you, i'd sincerely appreciate the possibility of meeting you, OK?

keep well...

SzélsőFa írta...

Dear Bart, I'm writing you the same here as I do in your blog to make sure you read this or the other one:
I am no longer in your country. I spent 4 days there and enjoyed it (again), but I am at home at the moment and will be in Turin between 26-30 October. If you participate the Terra Madre, I would gladly meet you there.
Keep in contact, my email is not suitable b/c my computer is bad. I'm writing this from somebody else's PC.
So, if you want to meet me in Turin I am ready for that :)))
If not, take care, and thanks for the offer!

Névtelen írta...

I love the bike park photo. You obviously got around the other side of it from the hotel. The shot with all the bikes is also lovely.

Cheers!