I am attending a 10 week poetry course that started this Friday (27 Sept).
It is organized by the writers' group and the leader is a young poet who comes to the classes from the capital.
What does this mean?
I've been experiencing some shift and being-out-of-place lately when visiting online sites, fb included, of writers of various genres. I felt I was the odd one out because everyone seemed to have focused on writing, and by that I mean writing every day, some no matter what, and some in genres that make the hair rise on my back. Don't get me wrong: it is a-okay to focus on writing while you are a writer.
I think I've just figured out that I was just not a writer. May never be, and this feeling is kind of liberating.
I am someone who writes, but writing is not my everyday profession. Writing helps me and I'd like to help/entertain/educate others, raise consciousness whatever, but I am no tradesman.
I am Dario Naharis, if you like, I write when my Muse tells me so, and while I love, love polishing my style and gathering technical tips for writing, there is life and unless the not composing of a writing makes me feel uncomfortable, I do not compose anything, thank you Gustav Holst.
So I feel the pressure on me is lifted and I am free again.
And what will I do with this new-found freedom?
I will write, you guessed it right.
2 megjegyzés:
So how do you like your poetry course? :-) Are going to write something in English for this blog soon? :-) That would be nice!
It's good to be free and to write only because you feel like it. No constraints, simply for your pleasure...
Oh, actually, there was only one meeting so far, because I missed one when I went to Poland with the choir, and the leader did not have time to come for the remaining two....:(
But tomorrow (25 Oct) is the day, and I still have not dome my homework.
I don't know if I'm going to write poetry in English again.
Or not at this point of my life.
Megjegyzés küldése