-
My daughter is in the third grade, my son is in the seventh. He now starts in a yet another school. After our attempts to get him into a church-based school failed (reason: we, as a family do not attend services of any church. See? it's not your stand, but your reputation that counts. too bad for pagans like us, heh.) So I opted to remove him from his class, that did him no good at all. His classmates were underachieving and/or undergifted and/or disabled and/or of bad background. The level of education, for various purposed was extremely low and my son adopted himself to that low level. Which means he did not develope quite well.
This new school is an average state school, but his class is having extra singing lessons. I don't think *that* could be that bad.... There are 17 pupils in his class, and only 4 of them are boys. A much smoother atmosphere I guess. No more agressive behaviour from overaged mates I trust.
We'll just see.
My son has two more years in elementary education and at the age of 14 he'll be directed to a secondary school. Perhaps we'll head for the one state secondary school I wanted to avoid in my thoughs about his future this spring. But times are changing - and so are my thoughts. I want him a peaceful and strong community where he can boost up his abilities to his maximum.
Here they are, after the opening ceremony, still wearing their nice clothes.
the first one is a picture of an evening meal. bread slices are covered in egg and then are fried in oil. as a side dish, slices of eggplant are sauteéd and a ligth vegetable salad is there to balance off the juicy fat of the other two components of the meal.
this one here's a lunch. roasted chicken with sauteéd potatoes. and guess what, some salad. I love summer salads - they are so easy to make, so delicious... with a pinch of fresh hot pepper, there's a tint of spicyness to them just to tease the mouth.
this one's a cake, with apricots on top.
oh, what, another salad, yes..jpg)
summer offered lots of fruits and yes, we did take care of them - so that we don't have to worry about having a taste of summer in the winter :)
-and yes, the fourth anniversary of blogging has peacefully gone. I would like to express my thanks for all your heartfelt comments and good wishes I recieved during these four years. There were times when a simple 'I hear you - no matter how far away you practically are' meant half the world to me....
there were times I hope when my simple words were able to contribute to someone's faith in the ultimate good will and turn of events.
Even if my English sometimes has some hiccups - I'm sorry for that.
I learned a lot from you. and I do not confine to the language at all.
I will keep on blogging and continue to use the potential of this surface to connect people and keep those precious friendships and/or relationships I have been given over the past four years.
-
with a view to another four years - God bless you all,
your crazy and indefinite tree...


5 megjegyzés:
Here's a heartfelt thank you for what you share here.
Looking forward to those four more years!
Thank you Jason, for your kind words and encouragement.
School has started here again, too, and I always think of this as the beginning of the New Year! I have worked in schools my whole adult life, and I know how important it is for children to have positive role models and academic challenge. I hope the new school works out for your son.
I love seeing the foods you've had, too. It makes me feel connected. I think it's because our hospitality always extends to sharing a meal.
Congratulations on the blogaversary! I hope you have many, many more.
Hello!
Your summer menus are so nice!
Yes, summer has gone. My older son goes to junior high school. (In Japan school started from April.)
By the way, Congratulations on the blogaversary! I remember my blog too. LOL
Thank you.
Thank you Karen and Lucy.
I'm glad my food photos stir up some interest. I sometimes browse among gastroblogs just to see some interesting food.
:)
Megjegyzés küldése