.jpg)
As I get older, the number of things I hate decreases. I focus on understanding instead.
-
This is what I had in mind when I answered Jason's call on his Fun Friday.
-
-
This is what I had in mind when I answered Jason's call on his Fun Friday.
-
I have just finished watching 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'. I loved how many great insights it contained. I hated how selfish the main female character was. Yet, her behaviour at the time rang true. I loved the film.
-
I like being loved - although there are times when I deny my need to feel so.
-
He's special, well at least, he is for me.
He is half my age.
Oh my, I did not know I was going to write a confession.
Do not read any further if this subject bothers you.
-These are my thoughts. For any help to anyone who's in need. And yes, I have my husband who knows every detail and loves me all the same. He, my man is just the finest ever available. Okay, back to the other man.... ;)
-
He's just a silly boy who likes my virtual company. There are many things in life over which we disagree, yet I have learned so many things from him.Like other fellow virtual friends, talking with him taught me that the lack of similar education and background does not exclude anyone from finding friendship with another. Being friendly and sensitive towards the needs and suffer of the other has nothing to do with being similar.
-
When I was a teenager, I was alone. I had like one or two friends and that was all.
I was always the one people for some reason or another rejected.
Now, I see that the main reason was ... me.
(off...David, or Steve - was it rather *I*? ... on again...)
-
These days I have been given the opportunity to seek, find friends, to loose them, to fight for a friendship, to work on a friendship...
I am so thankful for these people.
Even for those who hurt me.
I sometimes think my life was incomplete somehow. Now it's not.
I found friends, kept some, lost some...
The trivial things of one's life.
So trivial everyone experinces between the ages of 10-20 and so on...
Everyone but me.
.jpg)
-
Recently this fellow and I had a quarrel.
The fight lasted a bit more than a day, it resulted in some (thousands of) teardrops, two letters, one sent and one withheld; and for him, some terrible feeling of weariness.
Now, a few confessions and some more tears later, we are fine.
-
I am inclined to think that the main reason behind our fight was the lack of self-confidence.
-
The lack of self confidence on my part, resulted in clinging to my stance even when being stubborn risked this beautiful friendship. I thought that by sticking to my ideas I can keep myself for myself. And by doing so, I justify my existence. I feared that giving up any of my standing would have resulted in loosing my self-esteem. I was absurd and stubborn in holding fast to my opinion. It was out of control and, well, he was out of his mind.
His lack of self esteem however, resulted in refusing to accept a friendship. As far as I can tell he thought that he was not worth any kind attention and true friendship so...whenever he feels a true friendship is on the way towards him he does everything to ruin the relationship so that he can say himself: 'See, I'm not worth it. I am not good enough to have friends."
.jpg)
-
These are my findings of yesterday. I wrote them here today, perhaps...
I thought I would share my insights with you.
-
Just today, as I was collecting chamomile flowers, I was thinking about giving it all up and starting a farm somewhere.
Just today, as I was collecting chamomile flowers, I was thinking about giving it all up and starting a farm somewhere.
I would just grow herbs and raise some chicken.
Picking chamomile is one of the fines thing one can ever possibly do.
The plant is upright, the leaves are soft. The plants are pale to bright green and their top is full of blossoms. The more you pick the more they grow. I dry them in the attic until they are ready to get boxed for the winter.
Picking those white flowers with their yellow center is one of the few things that gets you close to God.
-
I consider the idea of of buying some land where I would be growing herbs.
Bordering the age of 40, I finally see this as one possible good way of living.
Am I in my right mind?
Am I confused?
Don't be afraid: I certainly would not do anything silly.
I just don't want to wait for any better, when something's good enough.
Is it the panic that stems from the fear of getting old?
-
I just think I have to ponder about this a little while.
Thanks for bearing with me.
Any advice (grammar or life...) is welcomed.
Be careful with me, I'm fragile.
-
Cheers,your faithful, indecisive, indefinite and crazy tree.

.jpg)
13 megjegyzés:
It's very courageous of you to bare your soul to your readers. I'm familiar with a lack of self-esteem--something I've had to struggle with since elementary school. And I can empathize with you about your online relationship. So far, my relationship with women online has, at least in my mind, been strictly one of friendship, though a recent Facebook correspondence with a California friend may have crossed into harmless (I think) flirting.
I'm glad your husband is understanding of this online friendship you refer to.
In the three years I've been reading your blog, I've always admired your intelligence, idealism, and compassion, in spite of our philosophical and religious differences. If I can ever publish my mystery story set in 1959, I was thinking of writing a prequel to it, set in 1956 Hungary, which would include a resistance leader who calls herself SzélsőFa.
All the best to you and your family.
Dear Steve,first of all, I am humbled to have inspired a character, or part of a caharcter in your book yet to be written. It just sounds exciting and if you need any further information you think I might be able to provide, just contact me.
Thank you for your words of encouragement as well. Lack of self-respect, or the low level of it is something I keep constantly work on.
And finally, as for the online relationship: ours is not more than a friendship that may or may have not crossed the border between a sometimes passionate, but neutral and flirtless friendhip and some other kind of relationship. I am just happy to experience that there's someone else 'out there' who accepts me the way I am and helps me to accept myself, too. He's got his own girlfriend :)
ALL friendships are worthwhile and the trials and errors, fights and tears are worth the times of not feeling alone.. of having that friend.
I dont think its just the panic or fear of getting older - the possibilities are endless.. and THAT is scarey too.
I too think you are wonderful and will be just fine.. whether it ends as you hoped or ends as some things just do...
Your words have a special meaning to me, though I am not quite going to share a confession, as of yet. I'm not as brave as you are. But your friendship sounds important to both of you, and your husband is quite compassionate to be so understanding.
Melly,Thank you for your kind words.
Fact is that I don't think I have this fear of getting older...it's rather,a s you put it, the enourmous number of possibilities that frightens me instead.
But on the other hand, we are not so mobile. We've been working on this house for years, it's located just perfectly in a small town, and I would surely miss it.
Yet there are times when I just crave for a very big land to call of my own, right in the middle of nowhere...
Chris,brave or not... I have to face the truth anyway... the sooner the better.
I keep constantly watch myself, my actions, not really letting loose of control of any kind.
I know that we both have our different lives, and when the time comes I want to end it in peace... we don't even have to say it's over, it's just that we won't see each other that frequently (in the virtual world) b/c when the time comes, growing apart would just be the most natural thing to happen. As of now, that time is not yet here... we'll just see how things are going.
I still consider it harmless, but I am well aware of my responsibility in this relationship.
Yes, my husband is supportive.
"This is what I got in my mind" - This is what I had in mind"I did not know I was to write a confession." - I did not know I was writing[or possibly] I didn't realise I was going to write a confession.
"in which we disagree" - over which we disagree"finding a friend in one another" - finding friendship with another"I was always the one people " - I was always the one person"These times" - These days"it costed me" - it cost me"in clinching to my standing" - in clinging to my stance or opinion might be better.
"in keeping my standing" - in holding fast to my opinion"and well, he was" - and,well, he was"The lack of self respect on his part however resulted in not allowing himself to have a friend" - If I have your meaning exactly then this might be better: However, his lack of self-respect (esteem?) resulted in him refusing to accept a friend (or: friendship)."As far as I see" - as far as I can see, or perhaps tell. In that context the word 'tell' means 'discern, make out'.
"attick" - attic"one of the things one can ever possibly do do to get close to God." - perhaps this is better one of the few things that gets you close to God"buying a land" - buying some land"Be fine with me" - be careful with me or perhaps be gentle with me is better.
And indeed, I have tried to be gentle with you in correcting your English which is very good. I just hope all my HTML codes are correct! By the way, I enjoyed the wedding story above despite never having heard of "baranta".
Oh dear, the layout has gone wrong - sorry!
Hi David,thanks for this gentle correction.
clinging, attick and be gentle with me were either typos or my tired mind, but all the other corrections are helpful b/c I have to improve.
If you google baranta together with magyar I'm sure you get some interesting results.
Well, unfortunately you got it wrong here:
You corrected "I was always the one people - to this I was always the one person"
whic correction would be fine were I speaking of myself of the past as being someone who rejected people.
But it's just the other way round.
See the complete sentence:
I was always the one people for some reason or another, rejected.It must be a confusing word order, or bad punctuation on my part...but I am sure I wanted to say that other people rejected me. Just the opposite to : I was the person who rejected others.
;)
I would not call myself 'people'.
Other suggestions are accepted and will be corrected asap.
I think it's healthy to want better...it's just a matter of what your priorities are. We all go through these stages so don't be so hard on yourself :)
Best of luck.
I think I was (and sometimes still are) hard on myself, yes...
Now I'm focusing on the positive aspects and keep constantly watching to avoid any hurts done to any parties involved...
I monitor myself and behaviour and my words so as, when the time comes, not to be ashamed of anything, and not to regret anything either...
Picking chamomile is one of the finest things one can ever possibly do.
I love this line and the peace of it...
Thank you for this whole post. I find it somehow incredibly refreshing and very close to my soul. We're all the same, my dear SzélsöFa. I hope you can find strength in this and know that I'm next to you with all my heart.
Thank you Vesper. Thank you so much. I am truly humbled to have you near.
Megjegyzés küldése