április 23, 2009

writing ?

These days I'll sure have to finish...hm, wait, I'll sure have to start writing an article for an eco-conscious online magazine.
Any trouble with that?
Well, yes and no.
I have no trouble digging into eco-consciousness, or any form of traditonal agriculture for that matter. I dig them both - lame pun, perhaps.
I have no trouble writing.... ? Hm...let me see...provided there's an inspiration and motivation, writing is fun for me.
I have no trouble writing for the public.... ?
Well, I have this blog for 4 ? 5 ? years ?
Have been writing articles for paper and online magazines and other online surfaces in the past six years? Really, that's not the point.
The point of fear, no, F.E.A.R. is that this time I am required to make an interview with someone through the telephone.
Phew, there you have it, I named you, my little bastard.
I'm nearly 40 and am afraid of making that particular phone call.
I'm truly broken.
I got this task like two weeks ago.
Right after having gotten it I got two others, of different kinds. One was a translation (from Hun to Eng) and the second one was two articles (no interview needed at all).
Guess what I did first?
The translation, because that's my favourite.
Than I wrote the two articles (one on seasonal veggies, one on recipes) for the very same online magazine I should be writing that interview-based essay as well. Go figure. The same authority, the same readers' range, the same style and approach needed.
It's the phone interview I fear.
-

4 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

"I dig them both" he he he.

Good luck with all that. I'm sure you will do great!

Paul

Some Chilean Woman írta...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You sounds like a busy lady! Good luck with you endeavors...

Come back and visit again!

Névtelen írta...

Hmm, I am not planning to deal with English as my job. I just study it because it is useful but I have no other drive or passion behind it. I am studying to be a tour guide (Spanish??-Hungarian-English) but I want it as only temporary job. I am interested in numbers and logic. Maybe I will study Russian instead of Spanish because I hate Spanish.

SzélsőFa írta...

Paul,Thanks for your words of encouragement.

SCW,No, I'm not really busy.. I just make life seem busy sometimes. Hyperactivity I guess...
And yes, you should come back too, again :)))

Ropi,Being a tour guide sounds great for a young person, like you. You are right about this job being a temporary solution. I don't think one can do that for decades...
- and finally, if you hate Spanish, quit it.