július 23, 2008

A photo update

Dear all,
So, we've returned safely and survived canoeing.

We had some rain and some sunburn, and we're back with sore muscles and dirty clothes. But most of all, with lots of photographs.
Since my Guess The Movies contest proved uninteresting, I quitted. I may return with it. For those who entered: Ropi, Aine, IllMan, Vesper and Ello - your points are stored and will be counted upon once the time is ripe enough to continue the series.
In the meantime I put up some pictures.



The ferry on River Bodrog at the small village of Felsőberecki, between 47 and 48 kilometres. The zero kilometre is at Tokaj, where Bodrog meets River Tisza.




Boarding at Sárospatak. Please note the castle at the other bank.


The clock tower on the innermost yard of the castle. Some part of the castle is left ruined, some are restored - those serve as a museum.


The main entrance.

A railway bridge accross River Bodrog somewhere below Sárospatak.

Morning lights at Bodrogolaszi, where we camped the second night.

The second day was mostly sunny. This photo above was made hours before a short shower came. It depicts a canoe and a friendly bank with lots of summer sky.

This is me swimming in one of the backwater branches of Bodrog, near Tokaj.


We are approaching Tokaj, my daughter is in the front of the canoe, the other kid and is mother are our friends.

10 megjegyzés:

Vesper írta...

Beautiful photos, Szelsofa! I especially like the first two with the ferry. I'm glad you enjoyed the canoeing despite the sore muscles.

About the film contest. It was very enjoyable to read your texts so I hope you'll continue to write them. As for guessing the title, I don't know, I'm ashamed of myself, I guess I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought I was... :-) Maybe you should try with more popular films... :-)

Névtelen írta...

Nice photos however I don't really dare swimming in rivers because I am not a good swimmer.

Now I understand how some people may have felt on my history quiz. Your movies aren't easy.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Wow! Awesome pictures! Looks like a terrific time!

Névtelen írta...

Oh my, what gorgeous pictures!

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper,
I did enjoy it. I don't mind the muscles, I have them in a relatively good shape, but the rain, oh, the rain. We had quite a rain during the first night well into the second day, but the tent was waterproof and quite big :)
Re:film contest: I see your point and agree. I should have chosen more popular and/or recent films. I have all the ten waiting in my PC, so, I will surely continue the series.
Round Four has now a correct answer, sent in by email by Ello.

Ropi,
I'm not a great swimmer, either. Here, water reached up to my waist when I stood up. The trouble were those stones covered with moss and water plants on the bed of the river. Those were slimy.
Re: movie quiz: there will be some more famous films in the upcoming parts.

Ello,
Everyone had a great time. We camped and made special food each afternoon at an open fire...It was great!
Also, I'd like to thank you for participating in the Guess the Movies series, part Four. I replayed to your email :)

Jason,
Thank you.
I think I'll be posting some more in the days to come.

Lucy írta...

Hello!
Pictures are so nice.
Canoe journey is so gorgeous.

Our country is summer too. But it is too hot.

SzélsőFa írta...

It can be really hot here in Hungary, too!
Thanks for dropping by, Lucy!

Chris Eldin írta...

Very beautiful scenery!

Wish we had a castle over here...
:-)

Melly` írta...

Beautiful.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thanks, Chris and Melly :)
I loved being there, too.