július 13, 2014

Prague

here I come!
Our choir is attending an international musical festival between 17 and 20 July.
Prague, capital of the Chech Republic is about 8-10 hours' drive from the town I live.
It will be the second time I visit this city and the memories of my last (and first-ever) visit are now coming back to me.
I was 17, bordering 18, the same age my son is now, when I spent 3-4 days, 4-5 nights there with my girlfriend, now a mother of 4, living in NY state, USA. She was my best girlfriend of the highschool years, one of the few.
We set on a plane, and it was first-ever plane flight at 17, bordering 18, you know, Hungary is small, the only other occassion I had been up off the ground was a helicopter ride above my hometown I enjoyed when I was about 15.
So there we were, young ladies with a supportive family background to explore a bit of the world, to explore it on our own way.
Memories....
I started the journey as a die-hard atheist and I guess you guess the ending to that part of the story.
Ahem.
Before the journey I was contemplating ways of quickly removing myself from the depressive state of being alive. I did not jump nor did I swallow any poison or anything like that, but.... I went to Prague instead :) And although I was still wondering of ways of killing myself in any (actually: in almost all) of those poetic locations, I surely did not.
That would have been quite a stress on my dearest girlfriend, now I come to think about it.
What a heck of a selfish person I was back then....
-
Now, after a bumpy ride of 5 university years and 20 years of marriage (not less bumpy), and many other events later, Prague, here I come again.


Nincsenek megjegyzések: