január 05, 2014

Reading objectives for January

I am planning to finish Irving Stone's The Agony and the Ecstasy this month. It is a shame, but I have been reading for months - I am so not telling for how many months.
I like the book and Michelangelo's character a lot, and I guess it's only the language and the intensity of the writing that makes it difficult to read.
Kudos to Mr. Stone for his is a wonderfully woven, thick material :)
I also plan to finish a small Agatha Christie piece called No. 16. I got that for Christmas.
That book really disappointed me.
If books were scored from one to ten, with ten points given to the best ones (such as the seemingly flawless impresson about the Italian renessaince), the crime novel would receive only 2 (or 3 in a better mood - and only because I am a fan of Ms. Christie.
It is so shallow and meaningless that I wonder what made Dame Agatha write such a bad book at all. The usual suspence and wit which I admire in her Miss Marple stories is also lacking here.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: