szeptember 12, 2012

one of the seven


this last one wobbled around
and turned sour -
like a leaf leaping off the oak
when winter corners 
the last refugee of summer

of all my lives
this last one keeps mumbling -
like the last cricket voicing my 
song for life
at the tip of my whiskers

________


uhm, take this as an attempt at getting back to where i started: poetry, or rather, attempted poetry.

-
you might remember (and i blogged about in on my other, english language blog): the novel i wrote in november 2010 was accepted by one editor and refused by the other. i took part in a virtual writers' course and i guess i learned a lot.
-
well, not a lot lot, but just enough to get a distance and see the faults of my writing.
i used to write easily, with all my passion, but with a few important mistakes.
dramaturgy, the drive of characters and the development of a character, or rather, the lack of these are my totally weak points.
now i feel stupefied by all the rules, but i think it is a normal to feel so.
hm.
so, i kind of re-embrace my roots (attempted poetry) to keep the passion alive.
at the same time i started to write a short story with all the rules in mind (to improve my writing).
this second goal does not feel easy because instead of my heart, i have to write with my head.

6 megjegyzés:

SzélsőFa írta...

wow, look what i've found.
http://www.rachellegardner.com/2012/08/what-makes-a-blog-or-a-book-compelling/
and then someone in the comments section explains it all, with words not unlike mine in my original post:"Writing what I live, with one eye on my audience and one eye on my soul . . . this is how I write. Really, this is why I write."

Crafty Green Poet írta...

good luck with your writing, the rules can seem overwhelming sometimes....

SzélsőFa írta...

thank you, Juliet.
i set myself to find a balance.
as per usual, it's easier said than done, but hey, at least i've got a a goal.

Vesper írta...

I love this, SzélsőFa, I really, really love it!
I'm glad to see you going back to poetry. You're really good at it.
This poem makes me sad, and I would like to hug that sweet cat...

SzélsőFa írta...

aww, Vesper, you are kind.
reaching back to your starting position might strengthen you - :)

iLL Man írta...

You know how I feel about your poetry. Was honoured to have a few of my pictures inspire your verse.