március 12, 2011

left and right


With a right hand bent at elbow
a spoon is balanced.
Each drop is being watched.
With a bottle in the left hand
the syrup is given:
'There, there, open your mouth...
it will be okay!'

Order, discipline,
solid arguments
in the left head.
Rational and consequent,
patient to judge.

With a gun swinging in the right hand
the right wrist ripped open,
one foot a-stomping;
the other, kicking a bottle on the ground.
Yelling violently:
'I live as I dare
and you shall not come into way'

And in the right head there's
swirling, taking and re-taking wings,
stumbling, straggling love,
infinite.

One thread, another and the third:
with a slow ripening Indian knowledge
time is a-woven.

Two heads, two times, two hearts.

Upon the skin of the tree, there's a burrow; upon the burrow, there's a drop of water; within the drop of water, there's light; within light, there is the skin of the tree.
Evening, nestle me smooth.

Nestle me, smooth dream,
Look at me when I am with you.
Look right and look left.
Look at me.
I am the mirror.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: