the following picture is from Budapest, the capital of Hungary - as far as I know there are no casualties or irreparable damages there.
this is not the case in the country.
people, most of them volunteers, have been working continously by rivers, small and large alike.
family houses and agricultural fields disappeared just within a matter of hours.
5 megjegyzés:
Oh, my! No! I'm so sorry. I had not even heard any news this weekend, so I didn't know anything about this. I'm glad there are no casualties in that beautiful city. I assume the flooding is mostly in Pest? I'll have to look online. I hope there are not casualties in the countryside, either. My thoughts are with you, SzelsoFa.
thank you Karen for your kind thoughts.
the adverse effects of the flood are mostly experienced in the countryside.
houses collapse, people are evacuated.
being constantly under water, plants die, so farmers loose their crop. for some people plant production is the only source of income.
a disaster, indeed.
Geez, you weren't kidding when you said it won't stop raining.
I hope the damage isn't too bad.
I grew up in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, which is famous for floods.
Weather is so weird everywhere these days...
I hope everybody's all right!
thank you Jason, and Vesper, for your kind thoughts.
the flood and the extreme weather had no direct effect on our family's life (except for being locked up somehow ...), but the indirect consequences are just being speculated upon (rise in prices of crops for example)
Megjegyzés küldése