október 15, 2009

it's the wind singing


it's me, delivering the morning
to mourn and fly as one
for times uncountable
among blackened leaves
and etcher twigs
you'd better get away
to air
with tree-tops burning your flesh
a tortured forest panting -
the night is to come if that is what you wish for
look dear, how the fallen founders
taking circles to be taken up, carried and let fall...
look, how it reaches the heights to see
only to shrivel and wither
under my will
it crawls under litter
can not die
yet
for I keep it alive -
the night is to come if that is what you wish for
the land slowly awakens
collapsed
it is not yet over, I am here
and your hands are bleeding
for this I love you so much
hear my words and get ready my dear
to rise and fall
to be taken wherever you want to go
for I take you -
when the night comes if that is what you wish for
-
-
-
well, this is some troubled writing.
apart from that, I am fine.
I wrote it today, in Hungarian, with Z. in my mind:a story quite past its time...
it's like hearing fire crackling well after you have cleaned the ashes....
the sound lingers on because the fire burnt you somewhere you did not expect.
I wrote it out, now only to let myself think about it. I hope you are not disturbed as much as I was when I first read it.
I don't consider it a poem - also, suggestions to vocabulary and grammar are accepted: this writing is a translation.
-
Z. inspired 4 poems during his time.
this might be the last one on the way, the fifth one.
all the first four had the image of 'knife' and/or 'killing' and/or 'death' within. this one, written today is no exception. you might say it's far obvious.
it was the seemingly uncureable stomach ache, the seemingly uncontrollable fatigue and dizzines and seemingly unexplainable heart discomfort I had - far too obvious.
my body's response was way too clear.
that's why I cut it off before ... before what?
sometimes I think I was way too late with the knife.
-
well, there is no knife here - it's the bleeding, the blackness of the ashes, and the ache it left... and the sound of crackling.
it is not a poem, these are my thoughts condensed...
these lines help me to decipher the events and feelings, and they help me well :)
and yes, I exposed myself again.
if this is the way, my way - I don't mind.
I take every step the path offers.
for as someone once said it's not the traveller who chooses the path, it's the path that chooses the traveller...
-
cheers? or God bless you?
whatever:)
I'm already feeling much better.
-
photo: seemingly unrelated, taken by my daughter on 18 September. It depicts a Sun. quite a disturbing image I think.

4 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

I'm glad you're feeling better. The poem was a scream of emotion.

SzélsőFa írta...

I tend to think that I just have to let it go, and perhaps return to analyze and contemplate it later, when there is a safe distance between me and the subject*

(* here subject does NOT refer to someone, it rather refers to a situation.)

Vesper írta...

Very interesting...

SzélsőFa írta...

uhm... ?