október 19, 2009

care for a game?

here's one small workout to your logical muscles.4 of the matches form a shovel. the helmet is on the shovel, right?
all the rest is just decoration for those who can not solve the problem...
the task is to move (not more than) TWO matches so that the helmet is not on the showel anymore.
now, you must be careful to keep the formation: that is the matches have to form the same shovel.
move two matches.


8 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Someone once challenged me to do this the opposite way. To put the object (which was outside) within the pattern. It was likened to a football going through uprights (American football). I got it. :)

Karen írta...

How about if we just let those guys on horseback trot over to scoop up the helmet and run? ;-)

SzélsőFa írta...

I thought many of you already knew the solution... I was just trying something playful.
Thanks Jason.
And as for Karen...mwah-hah-hah.

Aine írta...

Ooooh! (*raising hand*) I got it!
:D

Our daughter brings lots of these logic puzles home from school. I love them. Fun!

SzélsőFa írta...

Aine,
am I to believe you ?

:P
:)))

I was indeed, wondering about how commenters can support that they really did solve the problem.
I had no idea to cmoe up with, to I just believe that Jason and you solved it right ... :)))

Vesper írta...

Move No. 3 to the right so that its left end reaches the top end of No. 4, then put No. 1 down at the right end of No. 3, parallel to No. 4. Something like in the clumsy sketch from below... :-)

2
_|_
4| |1

Vesper írta...

As expected the sketch came out badly... :-)

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper, that's just fine. You got it :))
Thank you all for playing along...