I'd like to eat some... It looks nice and fluffy so that means that the good amount of air has got inside... Do you use a mixer or work the dough by hand?:-)
Just read your Christmas post, too. (I'm finally back to a non-holiday routine which includes blogging-- YAY!) Thanks for sharing all the photos. I'm totally drooling over the poppyseed and walnut cream swirl cookies! Jason's great aunt (of eastern european heritage) used to make the most amazing poppyseed roll at Christmas. She's in a nursing home now. :( Thankfully, my mother-in-law has her recipe.
my breads are usually have a firm texture and taste quite fine..not all my breads are successfull, though: some come out flat and tasteless, but those are the minority. I use my hands to work the dough, it's a really interesting experience. You can feel how much air is within the dough, you can feel its texture changing - amazing what our fists and fingers can feel, if trained well... I'm still learning!!!
Aine, great. It also means I'll be seeing your site more often :)) They were delicious, yes. My grandmother (also of Eastern_Europe :P), she used to make these cookies not only with walnut and poppyseed but with sauteéd cabbage - no kidding here. Have you heard about that special type, too?
5 megjegyzés:
what's the prize if i win (or lose) the dare ;-)
intriguing photo, such a close-up
keep well ;-)...
If you win, your stomach will feel fine :)
I'd like to eat some... It looks nice and fluffy so that means that the good amount of air has got inside... Do you use a mixer or work the dough by hand?:-)
I'm suddenly feeling very hungry.
Just read your Christmas post, too. (I'm finally back to a non-holiday routine which includes blogging-- YAY!) Thanks for sharing all the photos. I'm totally drooling over the poppyseed and walnut cream swirl cookies! Jason's great aunt (of eastern european heritage) used to make the most amazing poppyseed roll at Christmas. She's in a nursing home now. :( Thankfully, my mother-in-law has her recipe.
Vesper,
my breads are usually have a firm texture and taste quite fine..not all my breads are successfull, though: some come out flat and tasteless, but those are the minority.
I use my hands to work the dough, it's a really interesting experience. You can feel how much air is within the dough, you can feel its texture changing - amazing what our fists and fingers can feel, if trained well...
I'm still learning!!!
Aine,
great. It also means I'll be seeing your site more often :))
They were delicious, yes.
My grandmother (also of Eastern_Europe :P), she used to make these cookies not only with walnut and poppyseed but with sauteéd cabbage - no kidding here.
Have you heard about that special type, too?
Megjegyzés küldése