március 30, 2013

where

has everything gone?
i surfed some of my old posts.
i found poems, lyrical and descriptive traces of inner struggles, little wins and little fails. experiments, enchantments and explanations.
like a world of wonder, a strange journey, an exploration.
-
where has all the inspiration gone?
-
my spirit is failing me.
at times i just wish to stare at the blank, white wall of my bedroom.
-
i have even fantasized about writing a short-ish story of someone totally immersed in a want to stare at the blank, white wall of his/her bedroom - but that's another story.
-
where has all my wit gone?
and humor?
-
i've always been somewhat of a dry person, with a dry sense of humor, less of a sanguinic temperament, but this has gone way to far, period.
at days i have the sense of being like 100 years old, not wanting anything and anyone from life at all.
and while it may seem spiritually ok to not wish to 'gather worldly goods', this again, has gone too far.
-

6 megjegyzés:

Vesper írta...

a short-ish story of someone totally immersed in a want to stare at the blank, white wall of his/her bedroom - This is would be a very interesting story!

You really have to push yourself. It's easy not to write, and it gets easier the longer you stay away from writing. I know all about it...

So, I don't know, just start writing, maybe in response to some prompts at first to get you going (like the ones at Woven Dreams) and then it will become again something to look forward to.

SzélsőFa írta...

thank you, Vesper.
writing for a prompt has been, well, most of the time, easier for me.
it really helps those creative juices flowing and at times, getting out of me the thing i want to say.
trouble is i don't find much more to say.

as for the story about that someone in the room with the white walls - i will. if not for myself, but for you, or for whatever.
to keep me goin'

and you are right: sometimes it is easy not to write.

SzélsőFa írta...

aw, you see, i have doubts.
well, that is an emotion at least.

SzélsőFa írta...

and it's not that i just don't write, or have no inspiration to write.
it's that i have no inspiration to practically anything.
aw, whining again, no, i don't want that.


Vesper írta...

So you have to find something to look forward to... I know it's hard.

For me, the writing is the one thing that keeps me going no matter what. If I wouldn't have my fantasy worlds, I really wouldn't know what I would do... how I would cope with the bland "reality" where there's not much left to expect.

When I write, I am where I want to be... And there's also this hope of achieving publication, which, despite the setbacks, is still a very nice hope. I have three stories published or soon to be published, and while it's not such a fantastic achievement, it really is for me. So I keep writing and keeping an eye out for magazines or anthologies where to send my stories. This is a good thing because it means deadlines and most often a theme, and it means forcing all the little wheels in my brain to start turning faster. :-)

SzélsőFa írta...

aw, you're such a sweet friend, Vesper.
i recall you saying (on your blog) about how much writing is an escape for you.
i remember how it moved me back then.
now, as i look at it from a different angle, it gains a new perspective.

hm.

and yay for the publications!
hurray!