augusztus 25, 2010

plum jam

dear all,
we are done.
it lasted for three days.
one for travelling to the plum orchard (located at a farm), picking and collecting from under the trees.
one for pitting the crop.
one for making the jam.
three days, four families, loads of fun. tiredness.
a plum jam made the traditional way, a jam that contains nothing but the fruit. no sugar, no preservatives, nothing else, but plum. worth quite much.
will please four families throughout the winter.
sunshine bottled for the hazy days.
this to the friendship between the four families.











5 megjegyzés:

Vesper írta...

Ah, yes, I love plum jam... and, homemade, yes, it is bottled sunshine... Thank you for a 'taste' of it and the lovely pics.

Karen írta...

What fun that must have been! I can imagine the wonderful smells. You'll have a little summer all winter long.

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper and Karen,

i'm glad you liked the photos. the first one was made by one of the wifes, the other three are mine.

only certain, special types of plum species are suitable for this kind of jam. the fruits are relatively small, and their moisture content is low.

we spread the jam simply on bread, and use it in various kinds of cakes. one can also eat the jam mixed with yogurt, or cream. a perfect snack and a perfect aid to the digestive track :)

Névtelen írta...

I love plums! Can I come pick some??

SzélsőFa írta...

sure, come over :)))