My first ever public appearance as a writer of poems and/or short stories has gone fine. As I mentioned in my other blog, I have joined a writers' club early this spring. We meet every month, learn things, solve problems, do homeworks, and so on. I find it extremely useful in having my creativity flowing.
-Yesterday we had an evening in the local library where everyone read her/his own poems/writings for a maximum of 8 minutes.
There were us, the leader of the group and attendants of the library and some yes, some other people, too. The evening was part of the events organized around the 80th National Week of Books.
I read three of my poems.
I was excited, talked about being excited to relax myself, took a deep breath, and began to read. Oh, my.
-
The first poem was a short one about the ever-presence and continuity of water, the second was rather a pagan song to welcome the spring season, but the third one... that one was a tough one. Being therapeutic, as most of my writings are, it is a very personal poem.
Well, I survived.
-
7 megjegyzés:
My creativity ends at solving some tricky Mathematical examples. Too bad anyway my final grade at Hungarian literature and grammar will be 4 and 4 and that's good.
Excellent!
I'm sure you transported the audience with your words.
I'm glad to hear that, SzélsőFa. Bravo! Good for you! :-)
I'm glad you survived. I'm sure it took a lot of courage to read your writing aloud. Congrats!
Ropi,
Congratulations for your good score.
Jason,
Reading out loud in front of anyone is a task I have to learn yet. The poem is part you... -it's very hard to expose it at first
Vesper,
Thank you. It was an unplifting event :)
Paul,
Absolutely. I fixed my eyes on the words and avoided eye contact while reading. I'm sure it's not a good way to read a poem, but hey - this is one point to start.
Thank you all for your words of encouragement.
Good for you! I've not found the courage to share my work, except here online with my blogger friends and with a couple of close family members. I really long for the sort of community you describe.
It is a supportive circle, indeed. And yes, it was extremely difficult to read my soul out loud ...
But again, there's a Hungarian saying 'I can not tell [my secret, added by me] to anyone, so I'm going to share it with everyone'
liberation, here I come...
Megjegyzés küldése